Browse our current job openings.
Control Engineer 3 - Winchester, VA
Winchester, VA 22601
Our client is a premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. The capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. Our client serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, our client employs more than 2, 500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
An excellent benefits package is included covering a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The Control Engineer III provides technical information and leadership to others working on a project to ensure that the work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications, and design requirements; troubleshoots engineering related installation problems; acts as a liaison with the client and/or owner regarding the project process. Project size: greater than $1, 000, 000.
- Processes submittals, RFI s.
- Posting RFI s and change orders.
- Pricing, tracking and managing change orders.
- Identifying change orders and ensuring effective resolution.
- Maintaining as-built drawings.
- Documenting project issues/conditions.
- Maintaining organized and detailed project records.
- Submitting hours and cost codes.
- Planning and executing project completion and punch list.
- Preparing specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Submitting O&M manuals.
- Assisting in development of full estimate.
- Participate in KPR (Key Project Review).
- Managing coordination, detailing logs & schedule.
- Managing schedule updates.
- Identifying value added solutions & cost savings methods.
- Instructing field personnel in proper Railroad/Transit installation procedures for various wayside equipment.
- Understand relay and relay equivalent drawings (generated by computer language)
Specific position requirements are as follows:
- 5-10 years of experience as a Control Engineer
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Ability to demonstrate solid working knowledge of control and automation systems
- Design and evaluate manufacturing control systems
- Good working familiarity with electrical & ISA requirements and recommendations
- Writing and presentation skills, use of common office productivity software
- CAD production capabilities
- Ability to estimate hardware, engineering, software production, testing for signaling system projects
- Prepare and solicit pricing from prospective vendors
- Evaluate Vendor proposals
- The ability to read Track and Cable Plan.
- Understanding of transit design processes.
- Understanding of pre-written field test procedures.
- Ability to develop field test procedures.
- Experience working with: Microsoft Office, Estimation Software, Oscilloscope, Multi-meter, Various Railroading hand tools
- Control system software for automation systems
- Field installation estimation, crew sizing, planning, and supervision
- Working relationship with major control system vendors
- Ability and desire to innovate.
Senior Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting the right IT professional with the right opportunity at the right time. I will work with you to determine the best position for your skill set, and introduce you to a company that allows you to achieve your professional, personal, and financial goals. I look forward to connecting.