Browse our current job openings.
Electrical Engineer 1
Herndon, VA | Direct Hire
Veratech Services has a fulltime position opening for an Electrical Engineer 1 position. The professional will work in the Herndon and McLean locations.
Our client is a premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. The capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. Our client serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, our client employs more than 2, 500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
An excellent benefits package is included covering a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The Electrical Engineer 1 is responsible for assisting more senior engineers in the design of electronic security systems at the device and systems level. Works closely supervised and solves problems of limited scope and complexity.
- Generating project and device schedules.
- Assigning device IDs from outlined information provided by Sr. Engineers.
- Researching device library in the application of basic device installation diagrams.
- Developing riser diagrams, device plan layouts and device details in AutoCAD.
- Participating in site surveys.
- Participating in PITCO programming and build outs.
- Assisting more senior engineers with various calculations; including but not limited to power, heat, voltage drop, conduit sizing and bandwidth.
- Assisting with development of sequence of operations, compliance matrices and other project support documentation.
- Developing a basic understanding of related industry documentation such as NEC, NFPA, UL Code (294, 1076, and 2050), ICD 705, NISPOM.
- Assisting in the bidding process.
- Adhering to SES Engineering and AutoCAD standards and processes.
- Participate in new product evaluations and recommendations.
- Contributing to engineering by suggesting improvement and researching questions.
- This position will rotate through various areas of M.C. Dean to gain valuable exposure to the company s processes and procedures.
Specific position requirements are as follows:
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Bachelor s Degree in a technical discipline (BS) such as Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering.
- 0-2 years of experience in engineering, with preferred experience in design build
- Hands on experience with various electronic security systems
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with various customers, vendors and peers
- Ability to effectively work with the following systems/tools:
- MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- MS SharePoint
- Hand tools (i.E. Screwdrivers, wrenches, socket set, crimper, pliers etc.)
- Vendor certifications in various Intrusion Detection, CCTV or Access Control Systems
- VADCJS (VA Dept of Criminal Justice Services).
Primary Location: Herndon/McLean
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Limited; between offices
Shift: Day Job
Veratech is an innovative IT Staffing and Managed Solutions company, reinventing how top talent and leading organizations are connected. Utilizing our industry experience, process, tools and talent network, we provide flexible contingent and permanent staffing solutions to power your business. Veratech moves you forward-helping you build high-performance teams to deliver on tomorrow s promise, today. For our consultants and employees, we create exciting opportunities to promote career growth and personal success.
We value every relationship and will do what it takes to make you successful, each time, every time, to achieve great things .
Senior Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting Technology professionals in the private and federal sector with new and exciting opportunities that take their career to the next level.