Browse our current job openings.
Electronics Technician 4
Ft. Meade, MD 20755
Veratech is has a fulltime position opening for an Electronics Technician IV role in Ft. Meade, MD.
Our client is a premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. Our client serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Our client employs more than 2, 500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
Our client offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The Electronics Technician IV will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Install and maintain electronic security systems with experience on various systems and with multiple customer programs
- Understand and analyze design documentation and system data to plan and execute installation and maintenance activities
- Identify installation and maintenance activities and determine execution durations
- Complete high quality device and component installation activities and maintenance activities
- Participate in configuration of servers, workstations, panels and other programmable components
- Execute testing to verify high quality installations
- Execute testing to identify and correct system problems at component and system levels as part of system sustainment activities
- Install system raceway
- Install system cabling
- Terminate and test system cabling and all components
- Install equipment racks, enclosures, panels and all mounting hardware components
- Meet all attendance requirements and working hours of the assignment
- Communicate effectively with supervisors
- Communicate effectively with subordinates
- Incorporate, follow and reinforce all required safety practices at all times
- Participate in creation, updates, and management of project schedules
- Identify potential project risks and manage to mitigate
- Track, document and analyze for productivity improvements
- Perform design drawing take-offs and participate in material order preparation
- Complete detailed and accurate as-built, testing, and quality control documentation
- Participate in logistics planning for personnel and equipment
- Perform as the primary contact for field operations with the customer representatives
- Responsible for field actions, risks, problem resolution, improvements, and personnel
Specific position requirements are as follows:
- Requires active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Eight (10) years of electronics installation and/or maintenance activities on multiple systems and with multiple customer programs
- Requires minimum six (6) years of experience in installation and/or maintenance of security, video surveillance, card access and alarm systems
- Requires a Valid driver' s license
- HS diploma or GED Required
- This position may require ongoing or intermittent use of a company vehicle. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance to our policy.
- Requires travel CONUS and OCONUS and ability to maintain a valid passport
Specific desired experience, skills and certifications are as follows:
- Vendor certifications in multiple IDS, ACS, and CCTV systems
- Formal Electronics Training as follows:
- Military Electronics Training (minimum 720 classroom hours) or
- Graduation from an accredited Electronics Technician program or
- Graduation from an Electrical Apprenticeship program or
- An additional three (3) years of electronics installation and/or maintenance activities
- Lenel OnGuard Enterprise Security System certification