Browse our current job openings.
Engineer 2 - Dulles, VA
Tysons, Va 22102
Veratech Services has a fulltime position opening for an Engineer 2 position Poly Clearance. The professional will work in Tysons, VA- with periodic travel to Ft. Meade.
Our client is a premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. The capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. Our client serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, our client employs more than 2, 500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
An excellent benefits package is included covering a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Engineer 2 is responsible for
- The project supervision and implementation of designed systems into new or existing infrastructure. Engineering and Implementation of many Integrated Security solutions including Physical and Logical Access Control Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, Networking Monitoring, Network Intrusion Systems and CCTV.
- Fundamentals of Lan and Wan topologies including Firewalls, IPSEC, IPS, specializing in CISCO.
- Windows networking and systems integration.
- Extensive familiarity with Physical Security designs, database structures, protocols and personnel.
- Engineering and implementation of middle ware solution for numerous US Agencies to facilitate the transmission and mobility of confidential card-holder information between incompatible autonomous systems.
- Responsible for various engineering and implementation tasks such as Site Surveying, (FAT) Factory Acceptance Test, (PITCO) Pre-Installation and Test Check-Out and (SOVT) System Operational Verification Test.
- Evaluation and accreditation of networks and platforms to DISA standards.
Requires a TS/SCI with polygraph
- A Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline coupled with two (2) to four (4) years in security systems engineering.
- Must have working knowledge and/or certification with security manufacturers such as Lenel, MDI, or Software House.
- This position is considered sensitive and will require extensive background screening processes in order to meet current or future contract needs. Applicants will be subject to and be required to meet specific background eligibility requirements in order to apply and maintain such positions.
- Primary place of work will be out of Tysons, VA but will require travel to customer' s location in Ft. Meade area 1 to 2 times per week
- Requires minimal travel outside of the Washington DC Metro.
- Specific desired experience, skills and certifications are as follows: AutoCAD
- Certification in Lenel (1000-7000)
- Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Server 2008 experience
- Dell Storage Area Networks, Brocade and Cisco network equipment
- Symantec Netbackup software
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install and load system operating software
- Configure network components.
Senior Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting the right IT professional with the right opportunity at the right time. I will work with you to determine the best position for your skill set, and introduce you to a company that allows you to achieve your professional, personal, and financial goals. I look forward to connecting.