Browse our current job openings.
Principal Cyber Engineer
Veratech has an opening for Principal Cyber Engineer / Professional Services in the Washington DC metro area. These are permanent placement positions.
Our client is seeking a qualified full-time engineer to support the engineering and sustainment of an enterprise solution in support of an IC customer that includes the design, implementation, configuration, sustainment, and training of several core Cross Domain Products. Responsibilities will include; serve as a liaison between the customer and an internal Products teams with a focus of customer success, serve as a technical lead for the overall project. This position is onsite with the customer and may require travel to other locations throughout the U.S.
*U.S. Citizenship with a valid U.S. Passport required.
**Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with a full scope polygraph.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for future engineering solutions and sustainment of the current solution centric to Cross Domain Products.
- Provide input to engineering designs and test plans, status updates, and O&M documentation.
- Facilitate upgrades, expansions, configuration changes, software/hardware integration and testing.
- Lead complex troubleshooting efforts and on-site/remote support.
- Provide input to applicable authorization and accreditation (A&A) bodies of evidence for the accreditation/reaccreditation of the solution.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Minimum of bachelors in engineering, computer science, math, or equivalent with 12 years of technical work experience in cyber security.
- Must possess strong verbal and technical written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced networking knowledge (TCP/IP, firewalls, routers, etc.).
- Intermediate to advanced Linux/Unix administration knowledge.
- Fundamentals of programming logic (e.G. Scripting).
- Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients.
- Strong understanding of security design and architecture.
- Must be able to coordinate collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines, with management and with customers.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving installation or application errors.
- Experience with supporting/addressing customer training objectives.
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security.
- MS Computer Science, Information Technology (preferred).
- Security COTS integration desired.
- Cross Domain experience desired.
- Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) (Citrix, VMware, RDP) desired.
- DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I; SANS GSEC, CISSP preferred.