Browse our current job openings.
Project Lead 2
Tysons, VA 22102 | Direct Hire
Veratech has a fulltime position opening for a Project Leader 2 based in the Washington, DC Metro area.
Our client is a premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. The capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. Our client serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. The company employs more than 2, 500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
An excellent benefits package is included covering a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
The Project Leads 2 is responsible for the overall administration, organization and implementation of small projects or parts of larger more complex projects.
- Run day-to-day operations of a project or subsection of a project.
- Identify change orders and ensuring effective resolution.
- Price, track and manage change orders.
- Plan and monitor cash flow against cash expenses.
- Maintain as-builts as work is completed.
- Document project issues/conditions.
- Plan and execute project completion and punch list.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize organize, and accomplish your work.
- Read and interpret blue prints and project specifications.
- Research and compile submittals; pricing change orders and prepare estimates for partially designed projects by finishing the design and preparing a complete project estimate.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Communicate with people outside the Company, representing the Company to customers, the public, the government, and general contractor representatives.?
- This position requires candidates to have an active US government security clearance with a Polygraph.
- 13-15 years of experience with an Associate s degree
- 10-12 years of experience with a Bachelor s Degree in a technical discipline (BS)
- 7-9 years of experience with a MS/MA.
- Experience working on electrical projects ranging from $500, 000 to $10M.
- Experience working with contract drawings, subcontracts, contract addendums, specifications, change orders, RFIs, submittals.
- Experience using sophisticated Project Mgmt, CPM Scheduling, Cost and AutoCAD software.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints and drawings on electrical projects.
- Familiar with standard deliverables and work process on projects.
- Must have strong interpersonal and writing skills and be a problem owner/solver.
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize one' s own activities or the activities of others.?
- Attention to detail
- Good writing skills
- Exceptional MS Excel skills
- Experience with scheduling (MS Project) a plus?
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in MCD core disciplines
- Attention to detail
- Good writing skills.
This position may require ongoing or intermittent use of a company vehicle. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance to our policy.
Primary Location: Washington DC Metro
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Clearance with a Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Senior Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting Technology professionals in the private and federal sector with new and exciting opportunities that take their career to the next level.