Browse our current job openings.
Senior Consultant - Cybersecurity
New York, NY 10020
Veratech has a fulltime permanent position opening for an Senior Consultant - Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Protection (Cybersecurity) professional in New York, New York.
Our client is s a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries helping clients with their legal needs around the world. Their clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies. They include more than half of the Fortune 250 and nearly half of the FTSE 350 or their subsidiaries.
Our client is seeking highly talented cybersecurity Senior Consultants to join its Intellectual Property and Technology group, Technology, Sourcing and Commercial subgroup in New York (preferred), Washington D.C. And/or San Francisco offices.
This is the most common entry position into this field for those with an advanced degree and/or varied experience in the cybersecurity and risk management field. Position interacts with clients on a day-to-day basis and takes part in managing the client relationship. Performs complex analysis and manages various aspects of the project. Assists clients in identifying risks and developing strategic solutions for managing them. Works with internal team to build and implement a pragmatic and integrated solutions to cybersecurity and risk issues. Incumbents are generally in this position for three years before moving into more senior-level roles.
The client service professional should have a broad range of consultative risk management skills in the areas of Information Security, Infrastructure Operations, Incident Response, Secure System Development Lifecycle, and Third-Party/Supplier Management. Core competencies should include the planning, execution, and delivery of engagements across the broad disciplines of conducting risk assessments, policy, standards, and procedures development, cloud and shared control environment assessments, operating model design, and metrics and reporting dashboards.
- Prior Experience: 3-5 years
- Prior Big 4 or consulting experience preferred with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Visio with emphasis on PowerPoint to storyboard client engagements and Excel for analysis.
- Relevant certifications: CISSP, CEH, CISA, CRISC, CISM
- Travel required, 30-40% (max).
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Focused on consulting (e.G. Policies, processes, best practices, etc.) versus purely technical; Familiarity with laws, regulations, and industry standards such as: New York Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity Requirements, National Institute of Standards & Technology Cybersecurity Framework, Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council Information Technology Examination Handbooks, Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC) circulars related to third parties, and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) series 27001/2, 27005, 31000.
Ready to join a great company and advance your professional career? Click the APPLY button now
Veratech is an innovative IT Staffing and Managed Solutions company, reinventing how top talent and leading organizations are connected. Utilizing our industry experience, process, tools and talent network we provide flexible contingent and permanent staffing solutions to power your business. Veratech moves you forward helping you build high-performance teams to deliver on tomorrow s promise, today. For our consultants and employees, we create exciting opportunities to promote career growth and personal success.
We value every relationship and will do what it takes to make you successful, each time, every time, to achieve great things.
Mike has over 31 years’ experience at ROLM, IBM, Siemens and Unify where during his career he led global account services sales, presales, bid management, alliances, and services practices across UCC, contact center, security, network, cloud/SaaS, architecture and custom development. Before forming Veratech, Mike was EVP of Global Services at Unify with responsibility for all worldwide professional, support, delivery and managed services.