Browse our current job openings.
Senior Cyber Engineer
Herndon, VA | Direct Hire
Veratech has an opening for Senior Cyber Engineer / Professional Services for one of our clients in the Washington DC metro area. This is a permanent placement position.
The Senior Cyber Engineer serves as the primary technical interface and onsite subject matter expert to customers for our clients entire product line. Working closely with Federal Government customers and the Program Managers, this individual will perform and assist in all phases of product integration, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting of technical issues related to the entire product suite. Additionally, this individual will help shape customer deployments by sharing best practices, and lessons learned from direct experiences in related IT security and networking fields. As a new hire you will be offered specialized training to support our technologies and are expected to become proficient in software solution deployment.
*U.S. Citizenship with a valid U.S. Passport required.
**Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with a full scope polygraph.
- Facilitate installation, configuration, integration and O&M of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) cyber products at the customer s site.
- Update Assessment and Authorization documentation.
- Apply knowledge of current IA policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions to customer needs and requirements.
- Maintain the configuration of this test environment such that it reflects the customer s operational baseline.
- Specific technical tasks may include support of the architecture, engineering, design of enterprise services such WebShield, Trusted Gateway System, Apache HTTP Server, and Remote Access Console.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- B.S. In Engineering, Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Must have 10 years technical work experience in cyber security to include. Practices/methodologies, associated technologies, and/or experience in an operational environment.
- Intermediate networking knowledge (TCP/IP, firewalls, routers, etc.).
- Intermediate Linux/Unix administration knowledge.
- Ability to understand security design and architecture.
- Must be able to coordinate collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines, with management and with customers.
- Troubleshooting and resolving installation or application errors.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn, solve problems and perform in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience with supporting/addressing customer training objective.
- Experience with four or more the following is preferred but not required:
o Security COTS integration (firewall, IDS, LDAP, etc.)
o Shell scripting
o System Integration
o Identification and Authentication schemes
o Public Key Infrastructure and Identity Management
o Cross Domain Solutions
- 2+ years of experience in the below are preferred but not required:
o Basic networking knowledge (TCP/IP, firewalls, routers, etc.)
o Programming logic (scripting)
o Basic analytical exposure/experience
o Excellent communication skills
o Willingness to travel overseas
o DOD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I; SANS GSEC, CISSP preferred