Browse our current job openings.
Solutions Architect - Federal
Colorado Springs, CO
We are currently seeking an exceptional person with strong client consulting experience to join their Sales & Field Operations team.
Our client. Is a United States-based software company that provides Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark-based software, support and services, and training to business customers. Their hybrid open-source Apache Hadoop distribution, CDH, targets enterprise-class deployments of that technology. More than 50% of its engineering output is donated upstream to the various Apache-licensed open source projects that combine to form the Apache Hadoop platform. Our client is also a sponsor of the Apache Software Foundation.
As a Solutions Architect, you will work on the consulting team as a member of our Professional Services group. You will not act as typical consultants - you will function as Hadoop Team manager at our client locations doing everything from getting the product up and running to training and hiring a team to support our product.
As a Solutions Architect you will work on the consulting team as members of our Professional Services group. You will not act as typical consultants - you will function as a Cloudera Hadoop expert at our client locations and do everything from getting the product up and running to advising on architecture and developing design patterns based on customer workloads and use cases. This position will be based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of setting up and running Hadoop clusters
- Knowledge on how to create and debug Hadoop jobs
- Consulting background and/or comfort in working with customers
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of distributed systems, complex data pipelines and ETL, common ETL packages / libraries
- Understanding of configuration management systems (e.G. Puppet, Chef) and concepts behind mass configuration
- Active " Secret" clearance. Can hold higher clearance.
- One of the following IT Security certifications*: CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional OR CISM: Certified Information Security Manager OR CompTIA Security+. *possible sponsorship available.
Preferred Experience and Skills
Experience with most of the following:
- One or more of Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Concurrency and synchronization
- Fallacies of distributed computing
- Common IPC/RPC methods and patterns
- High availability and business continuity
- Queuing patterns and pipeline design
- Batch operations
- Messaging systems and patterns
- Solid OS / networking fundamentals
- Virtual memory management
- File system design
- Optimization and troubleshooting
- System administration knowledge
- L2 vs. L3 networking, network architecture, VLANs, hardware device design basics
This position will be based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
The right person in this role has an opportunity to make a huge impact at our client and add value to our future decisions. If this position has piqued your interest and you have what we described - we invite you apply!
An adventure in data awaits.
Mike has over 31 years’ experience at ROLM, IBM, Siemens and Unify where during his career he led global account services sales, presales, bid management, alliances, and services practices across UCC, contact center, security, network, cloud/SaaS, architecture and custom development. Before forming Veratech, Mike was EVP of Global Services at Unify with responsibility for all worldwide professional, support, delivery and managed services.