Browse our current job openings.
System Admin 2
Ft. Meade, MD 20755
Veratech has a fulltime position opening for an System Admin 2 role in the Ft Meade, MD area.
Our client is a premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. The capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. Our client serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. The company employs more than 2, 500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
An excellent benefits package is included covering a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
GOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Network Administrator assists the Government in overseeing the day-to-day planning, installation, configuration, testing, operation, analysis and documentation of high and low speed networks utilizing common hardware and software. Provide network documentation and support as well as establishing and maintaining User accounts, User access privileges and security policies. Performs planning, installing, configuring, testing, operating, analyzing and documenting duties. Perform scheduled network status checks, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Plan high and low speed LAN connections
- Implement high and low speed LAN designs
- Plan and implement VPN solutions
- Apply firmware upgrades to common network components
- Configure common network equipment for operation
- Collaborate with Security System Technicians on connectivity requirements and procedures
- Troubleshoot common network equipment
- Document common network equipment configurations and settings
- Integrate new technologies into existing high and low speed networks
- Audit network component hardware and software changes
Requires an active TS SCI Clearance WITH Polygraph
- IAT LEVEL 3 CISSP Certification required
- At least (2) to (4) years cumulative experience in network system /subsystem support and maintenance to include performance of network system/subsystem testing.
- Two (2) years experience using Microsoft server 2008, R2 and Microsoft Windows XP/Windows 7, as operating system platforms for network connectivity (IP and Domain Name Service (DNS) configuration).
- Certification required in one or more of the following: IAT LEVEL 2 Security +, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (- MSCE), training certifications from Foundry Networks or Brocade Networks.
- Shift work will be required (Days, Swing & Graveyard) - 24/7 Operation
- IAT LEVEL 3 CISSP (Required)
- IAT LEVEL 2 Security+
- Cisco CCNA certification
- Experience with Physical Security Access Control System Administration.
- Lenel Onguard
Senior Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting the right IT professional with the right opportunity at the right time. I will work with you to determine the best position for your skill set, and introduce you to a company that allows you to achieve your professional, personal, and financial goals. I look forward to connecting.