Browse our current job openings.
System Admin 4
Ft. Meade, MD 20755
Veratech has a fulltime position opening for an System Admin 4 role in the Ft Meade, MD area.
Our client is a premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. The capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. Our client serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. The company employs more than 2, 500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
An excellent benefits package is included covering a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
The SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR 4 - will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Manage physical security system support to meet service level agreements
- Analyze physical security system performance and recommend improvements
- Resolve complex system issues for physical security systems and networks
- Triage customer support calls, providing Tier 1 help desk support and Tier 2 escalation
- Communicate with customers, manufacturers, vendors and technical specialists
- Train system users and other system support personnel
- Analyze and modify preventive maintenance checklists for system changes
- Perform preventive maintenance actions including system back-ups, error log reviews, database size and integrity checks
- Organize and prepare detailed documentation of system performance, including service request records and analysis
- Perform desktop hardware and operating system set-up, imaging software loading, and antivirus updates
- Perform all duties with minimal direct supervision
- Requires a TS/SCI with polygraph
- Requires ten (10) years of experience working on Federal Government contracts
- Requires three (3) years of experience working as a system administrator on physical security systems
- IAT LEVEL 2 Security + is required
- Requires system administrator experience in performing triage on system problems, resolving the system problems, analyzing system data to prevent problems, and implementing new workstations and system extensions
- Requires a bachelor' s degree in a technical discipline with five (5) to seven (7) years of experience or three (3) to five (5) with a Master' s degree.
- Requires reliable attendance at customer site during work hours required by customer
- Requires minimal travel
- Shift work will be required (Days, Swing & Overnight) - 24/7 Operation
- IAT LEVEL 2 Security+ (Required)
- Configure and manage Nutanix Platforms
- Install and configure VMware
- Certification in Lenel OnGuard
- Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Server 2008 experience
- Dell Storage Area Networks, Brocade and Cisco network equipment
- Symantec Netbackup software
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install and load system operating software
- Configure network components