Browse our current job openings.
System Administrator 2 - DC
Washington, DC 20260 | Direct Hire
Veratech is has a fulltime permanent position opening for an System Administrator, Levels 1 to 3. Note that the following job description and requirements are for a Level 3 position; the qualifications for a Level 1 or 2 position are less stringent, but a secret clearance is required in all cases.
Our client is a premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. The capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. Our client serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. The company employs more than 2, 500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
A competitive benefits package is included covering a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
This is for an Information Technology (IT) Engineer supporting a wide variety of IT and security system technologies. This position is responsible for the design, installation, configuration and maintenance of network infrastructure, as well as providing end user support for that infrastructure. This position involves all aspect of IT infrastructure including operating systems, virtualization, LAN/WAN, storage, and security. This position also requires individuals who are willing to validate designed solutions in a hands-on environment where our engineers build and test the systems they design in a lab environment. This involves the following:
- Performing field verification testing.
- Reading and adhering to blueprints and installation design plans for the installation of sub-level devices (i.E. Patch panels, junction boxes) on large or complex jobs and head end equipment on small or less complex jobs
- Preparing and installing cable pathways & spaces
- Identifying appropriate cables from drawings and running cables/fiber per installation design plans.
- Testing continuity of conductor(s) or breaks in fiber.
- Terminating basic connections such as butt splices, insulated connectors, terminal strips/blocks and BNC connectors.
- Mounting and terminating field devices (i.E. Readers, Door Contacts, REXs, Cameras).
- Ensuring all assigned ServiceMax tickets are resolved and documented.
- Installing and Terminating sub-level devices (i.E. Patch panels, junction boxes) on large or complex jobs and head end equipment on small or less complex jobs to include power and proper grounding.
- Reading and understanding component level schematic diagrams for systems, equipment and devices.
- Troubleshooting and isolating problems at both a local or global level.
- Correcting problems at the local level with no assistance.
- Correcting problems at the global level with little assistance.
- Repairing and maintaining electronic security system equipment.
- Terminating and testing voice and data connections.
- Certification on OSSI software
- Certified training on DSC security systems
- The ability to work unsupervised on small to medium sizes security projects
- A Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, CIS, MIS, or related discipline coupled with 2 to 5 years in the design, installation, security, and maintenance of IT infrastructure. Experience supporting DoD and/or Federal Government IT infrastructure, including IT infrastructure for Electronic Security Systems (ACS / IDS / CCTV / Biometrics) is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass an extensive background check and obtain a security clearance
- Must have or be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
About our ideal candidate:
- Strong knowledge of Server technologies
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience.
- Strong knowledge of Infrastructure Server design
- Strong knowledge of two or more Windows operating systems, including technologies available with Windows 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 and how to utilize and deploy them in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL, including backups, generating reports and modifying stored procedures.
- Knowledge of PACS Service and Federal Bridge operations to include Certificate Authority (Root/Intermediate Certificates, etc).
- Knowledge of Unix based operating systems including services, network, protocols, and how to utilize and deploy them in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of VMware virtual environments, including advanced services for server virtualization, virtual desktop interface (VDI), and how to utilize / deploy them in enterprise and/or data center environments
- Strong knowledge of all major communication technologies (Ethernet (through 10GBase), TDM (SONET/SDM, ISDN, T-1, etc.), including when to utilize each as part of an enterprise network design and how to troubleshoot each
- Strong knowledge of common network protocols including SNMP, SMTP, MPLS, VPN, and other technologies and protocols used for communications and security.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of common network defense mechanisms including firewalls, ACS/IDS/IPS, HBSS, and antivirus.
- Be proficient in technology relating to the optimization of servers and networks.
- Knowledge of strategies for fault isolation, root cause analysis, and other methods for identifying system issues using a wide variety of problem indicators
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Be able to update/modify scripts to automate server based functions.
- Ability to manage one' s own time in order to complete multiple tasks under strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Veratech is an innovative IT Staffing and Managed Solutions company, reinventing how top talent and leading organizations are connected. Utilizing our industry experience, process, tools and talent network we provide flexible contingent and permanent staffing solutions to power your business. Veratech moves you forward helping you build high-performance teams to deliver on tomorrow s promise, today. For our consultants and employees, we create exciting opportunities to promote career growth and personal success.
We value every relationship and will do what it takes to make you successful, each time, every time, to achieve great things?.
Senior Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting Technology professionals in the private and federal sector with new and exciting opportunities that take their career to the next level.