Browse our current job openings.
System Engineer 2/3 - DC Metro
Tysons, VA 22102
Our client is a premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. The capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. Our client serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, our client employs more than 2, 500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
An excellent benefits package is included covering a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is for an Electronic Systems Security Design Engineer supporting a wide variety of security system technologies. This position is responsible for the design and implementation of systems into new or existing security infrastructure, including Physical and Logical Access Control Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, Networking Monitoring, Network Intrusion Systems, CCTV, and Perimeter Protections. This position involves all aspect of security design and requires individuals who are willing to validate designed solutions in a hands-on environment where our engineers build and test the systems they design in a lab environment.
1) Design of security system architecture for ACS, IDS, CCTV, etc.
2) Design of LAN and WAN topologies for security systems including switches, routers, and firewalls
3) Integration of security systems with VMWare, Windows, and Unix operating systems
4) Perform various engineering and implementation tasks such as Site Surveys; system Verification and Validation testing including Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), Pre-Installation and Test Check-Out (PITCO), and System Operational Verification Tests (SOVT); and engineering escalation support for project and operational environments
5) Support for Certification and Accreditation of networks and platforms to DISA standards
6) Develop wiring and mounting details in AutoCAD.
7) Analyze data collected during site surveys with an emphasis on identified field of specialty.
8) Work with more senior engineers in enhancing and contributing to the equipment library.
9) Vet new equipment/systems through the product lab.
10) Assist with generation of PITCO, performance verification testing and field device testing plans.
11) Generate various calculations; including but not limited to power, heat, voltage drop, conduit sizing and bandwidth.
12) Develop compliance matrices and other project support documentation.
13) Validate drawing package to ensure conformity to all requirements listed in the compliance matrix.
14) Research optimal equipment/systems to be included in proposals.
15) Identify and resolve field device and system application and interoperability issues.
16) Utilize trade drawings (i.E. Architectural, electrical, mechanical and civil) in order to identify potential design and installation problems.
17) Assist in the development of drawing sheet requirements for a design package.
18) Assist in mentoring associate engineers.
19) Develop an in depth knowledge of and utilize relevant sections of NEC, NFPA 101, ICD 705, NISPOM and other industry standards documents as part of design and installation efforts.
20) Participate in Engineering peer reviews for Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
21) Support and author white papers for information sharing and collaboration
Specific position requirements are as follows:
Candidates must be eligible for a minimum Secret security clearance.
Candidates with active clearances preferred.
2-4 years of experience with a Bachelor s Degree in a technical discipline (BS) or 0-2 years of experience with a Master' s Degree.
Specific desired experience, skills and certifications are as follows:
- Vendor certifications in multiple IDS, ACS, and CCTV systems
- DoD Approved Baseline IAT Certifications
The best qualified candidates should demonstrate:
5.CNL PISM Certified