Browse our current job openings.
Tysons, VA 22102
Our client is a premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. The capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. Our client serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. The company employs more than 2, 500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
An excellent benefits package is included covering a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Job and Responsibilities include:
The systems engineer is responsible for the design, deployment, and operational support of production and development application hosting infratructure in a hybrid - cloud and on-premises, - environment.
This position will require strong fundamentals, outstanding communication skills, and ability to operate in a fast paced environment in close collaration with project leadership, software developers, and other stakeholders.
- Must have a bachelors degree with five to seven years of experience.
- Experience with IP networking (switching, dynamic routing protocols, TCP/IP packet analysis, etc.)
- Practical experience designing, building, and automating solutions utilizing AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, KMS, Lambda, IAM, SQS, SNS, Route 53.
- System administration with strong expertise in Linux (CentOS/RedHat 6/7) systems and Windows (MS Server 2008/2012), and at least one configuration management tool such as Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with infrastructure services (LDAP, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SMTP, etc.)
- Supporting and working with relational databases, with a strong focus on PostgreSQL
- Experience managing web based systems (N-Tier web applications, web services, etc), virtual operating environments (VMWare preferred)
- Knowledge of network security fundamentals including transport layer protocols (TCP/IP) as well as common application layer protocols (e.G. DNS, FTP, SMTP, etc.), firewalls, VPNs, etc.
- Linux shell and Python scripting experience
- Source code management familiarity (Git)
- Experience with Atlassian applications (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Crowd, etc.)
Veratech is an innovative IT Staffing and Managed Solutions company, reinventing how top talent and leading organizations are connected. Utilizing our industry experience, process, tools and talent network, we provide flexible contingent and permanent staffing solutions to power your business. Veratech moves you forward - helping you build high-performance teams to deliver on tomorrow s promise, today. For our consultants and employees, we create exciting opportunities to promote career growth and personal success.
We value every relationship and will do what it takes to make you successful, each time, every time, to achieve great things.
Senior Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting the right IT professional with the right opportunity at the right time. I will work with you to determine the best position for your skill set, and introduce you to a company that allows you to achieve your professional, personal, and financial goals. I look forward to connecting.