Browse our current job openings.
Systems Administrator 3 - DC Metro - LOC
Washington, DC 20540
Our client is a premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. The capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. Our client serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. The company employs more than 2, 500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
An excellent benefits package is included covering a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
This is for an Information Technology (IT) Engineer supporting a wide variety of IT and security system technologies. This position is responsible for the design, installation, configuration and maintenance of network infrastructure, as well as providing end user support for that infrastructure. This position involves all aspect of IT infrastructure including operating systems, virtualization, LAN/WAN, storage, and security. This position also requires individuals who are willing to validate designed solutions in a hands-on environment where our engineers build and test the systems they design in a lab environment. This involves the following:
- Support complex client/server interaction problems and complex workstation issues such as registry based issues and application conflicts.
- Perform advanced network consulting, design, installation, and support.
- Manage/configure SAN (Storage Area Networks) and NAS (Network Attached Storage)
- Design and install complex server cluster groups and their maintenance.
- Design and install mid to large scale server infrastructure, troubleshooting complex problems between platforms and vendors.
- Assess complex network needs and recommend solutions.
- Generate technical documentation
- Design and implement new solutions and technologies for solving complex problems and providing integration between miscellaneous vendor products.
- Work with Technical Assistance Centers (TACs) and senior representatives from manufacturers to resolve complex network problems.
- Provide system hardening and remediation to ensure compliance with customer security requirements (including DISA STIGs)
- Specific desired experience, skills and certifications are as follows:
- Must have or be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- A Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, CIS, MIS, or related discipline coupled with experience in the design, installation, security, and maintenance of IT infrastructure. (5 to 7 years experience with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years experience with MS/MA) or an Associate Degree from an ABET accredited program with 8 to 10 years of experience.
- Experience supporting DoD and/or Federal Government IT infrastructure, including IT infrastructure for Electronic Security Systems (ACS / IDS / CCTV / Biometrics) is strongly preferred.
Qualified candidates should demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of Server technologies
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience.
- Strong knowledge of Infrastructure Server design
- Strong knowledge of two or more Windows operating systems, including technologies available with Windows 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 and how to utilize and deploy them in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL, including backups, generating reports and modifying stored procedures.
- Knowledge of PACS Service and Federal Bridge operations to include Certificate Authority (Root/Intermediate Certificates, etc).
- Knowledge of Unix based operating systems including services, network, protocols, and how to utilize and deploy them in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of VMware virtual environments, including advanced services for server virtualization, virtual desktop interface (VDI), and how to utilize / deploy them in enterprise and/or data center environments
- Strong knowledge of all major communication technologies (Ethernet (through 10GBase), TDM (SONET/SDM, ISDN, T-1, etc.), including when to utilize each as part of an enterprise network design and how to troubleshoot each
- Strong knowledge of common network protocols including SNMP, SMTP, MPLS, VPN, and other technologies and protocols used for communications and security.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of common network defense mechanisms including firewalls, ACS/IDS/IPS, HBSS, and antivirus.
- Be proficient in technology relating to the optimization of servers and networks.
- Knowledge of strategies for fault isolation, root cause analysis, and other methods for identifying system issues using a wide variety of problem indicators
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Be able to update/modify scripts to automate server based functions.
- Ability to manage one' s own time in order to complete multiple tasks under strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Primary Location: DC Metro
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: TS/ SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Senior Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting the right IT professional with the right opportunity at the right time. I will work with you to determine the best position for your skill set, and introduce you to a company that allows you to achieve your professional, personal, and financial goals. I look forward to connecting.