Browse our current job openings.
Systems Administrator 4
Ft. Meade, MD 20755 | Direct Hire
Our client is a premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. The capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. Our client serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, our client employs more than 2, 500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
An excellent benefits package is included covering a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The System Administrator 4 is responsible for the overall administration, organization and implementation of large electrical construction projects and supervising and mentoring less experienced project managers.
The SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR 4 will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Manage physical security system support to meet service level agreements
- Analyze physical security system performance and recommend improvements
- Resolve complex system issues for physical security systems and networks
- Triage customer support calls, providing Tier 1 help desk support and Tier 2 escalation
- Communicate with customers, manufacturers, vendors and technical specialists
- Train system users and other system support personnel
- Analyze and modify preventive maintenance checklists for system changes
- Perform preventive maintenance actions including system back-ups, error log reviews, database size and integrity checks
- Organize and prepare detailed documentation of system performance, including service request records and analysis
- Perform desktop hardware and operating system set-up, imaging software loading, and antivirus updates
- Perform all duties with minimal direct supervision
- Configure and manage Nutanix Platforms
- Install and configure VMware
- Certification in Lenel OnGuard
- Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Server 2008 experience
- Dell Storage Area Networks, Brocade and Cisco network equipment
- Symantec Netbackup software
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install and load system operating software
- Configure network components.
- Requires ten (10) years of experience working on Federal Government contracts
- IAT LEVEL 2 Security + is required
- Requires system administrator experience in performing triage on system problems, resolving the system problems, analyzing system data to prevent problems, and implementing new workstations and system extensions
- Requires a bachelor' s degree in a technical discipline with five (5) to seven (7) years of experience or three (3) to five (5) with a Master' s degree.
- Requires reliable attendance at customer site during work hours required by customer.
Primary Location: DC Metro
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Requires a TS/SCI with polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Minimum travel
Shift: Required (Days, Swing & Overnight) - 24/7 Operation
Veratech is an innovative IT Staffing and Managed Solutions company, reinventing how top talent and leading organizations are connected. Utilizing our industry experience, process, tools and talent network, we provide flexible contingent and permanent staffing solutions to power your business. Veratech moves you forward-helping you build high-performance teams to deliver on tomorrow s promise, today. For our consultants and employees, we create exciting opportunities to promote career growth and personal success.
We value every relationship and will do what it takes to make you successful, each time, every time, to achieve great things .
Senior Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting Technology professionals in the private and federal sector with new and exciting opportunities that take their career to the next level.