Browse our current job openings.
Technical Project Manager
Tysons, VA 22102 | Direct Hire
Veratech has a fulltime position opening for a Program Manager based in the Washington, DC Metro area.
Our client is a premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. The capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. Our client serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. The company employs more than 2, 500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
An excellent benefits package is included covering a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
The Program Manager is responsible for the overall administration, organization and implementation of small projects or parts of larger more complex projects.
- Experience as lead on electrical projects from proposal through close out: handling estimates, contract drawings, subcontracts, contract addendum, specifications, change orders, RFIs, submittals.
- Experience with technical writing and proposals.
- Experience creating and managing budgets, estimates and schedules.
- Experience reading blueprints, knowledge of NEC codes, materials, methods, and the tools involved in the electrical industry.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver s license and a satisfactory driving record. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance to our policy.
- 16+ years of experience as a Project Engineer or equivalent with a Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or Physics preferably from an ABET accredited program or 12+ years of experience with a Master' s degree or 18+ years of experience with an Associate' s Degree
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, experience using sophisticated Project Mgmt software, Cost software, and CAD/Micro station.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and the coordination of manpower and resources.
- Understanding of the practical application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various projects.
This position may require ongoing or intermittent use of a company vehicle. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance to our policy.
Primary Location: Washington DC Metro
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: CIearable
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Ready to join a great company and advance your professional career? Click the EASY APPLY button now
Veratech is an innovative IT Staffing and Managed Solutions company, reinventing how top talent and leading organizations are connected. Utilizing our industry experience, process, tools and talent network, we provide flexible contingent and permanent staffing solutions to power your business. Veratech moves you forward - helping you build high-performance teams to deliver on tomorrow s promise, today. For our consultants and employees, we create exciting opportunities to promote career growth and personal success.
We value every relationship and will do what it takes to make you successful, each time, every time, to achieve great things?.
Senior Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting Technology professionals in the private and federal sector with new and exciting opportunities that take their career to the next level.